Donation

Donation
Donation amount as little as $10. Please donate generously. To donate, click on the sggives logo.

Blog Archive

Tuesday, 3 December 2013

Seller's remorse on JMH

At the opening bell of stock market today l have divested 40 shares in JMH 400US$ and l have estimated the nett gain to be around $44.  And now l realized l have divested it away at the lowest price of the day.  Its price has continue to rise.  l have given up the chance  for a $125 nett gain if l have waited and offloaded it 3 hours later.  

Will l suffer any seller’s remorse? 
Definitely no; for the following reasons :-

(1) A little bit of greed is okay; too much of it then one becomes a greedy pig; waiting to be slaughtered.

(2) l prefer letting the next person whom l passed the baton to, to also enjoy the joy of winnings.

(3) l can already re-use the proceeds for other investment opportunities. The stock market is like a big ocean, one will soon spot another fat juicy fish swimming by.

6 comments:

  1. There will always be "what if" scenario hahaha
    As long as you have a plan and exit strategy, there should be no regrets!
    Nobody wants to be the greedy pig who got slaughtered.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreeing with you; especially on exit strategy.

      Delete
  2. Money Honey,

    If I can sell at intraday high consistantly, that means I can also sell at 52 weeks high all the time. Which also mean I can sell at the cyclical top for each bull cycle.

    And that will mean either I am delusional or Master of the Universe?

    I've bought and sold at intraday highs and lows before (pure dumb luck). But my record shows the other 99% of the time I'm off the mark :(

    LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 99% of the time off the mark? l reckon you are just being modest here.

      Delete
    2. I comfort myself I buy and sell at a certain zone ;)

      Less stress; less hard on myself.

      Delete
  3. On point 2, whenever l have booked a profit l am thankful to the person who had passed the baton to me and letting me to enjoy some winnings. And when l have passed the baton to next person l too am hopeful that he or she will remember to book the profit at some point of time to enjoy the winnings too; as in the case of JMH today and not be too greedy.

    ReplyDelete

BrainyQuote

The Motley Fool

NextInsight

The Edge Singapore

PropertyGuru

SGX News

Hellenic Shipping News

Singapore Law

Business Google News

Business Times